Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Flying High

I took a deep breath. Then I said to the man that I was ready and I was pushed over the edge of a cliff. However I was strapped to a zip line, so I soared toward another landing platform. As wind was blowing in my face, I gazed out at an active volcano and a giant river. In a few moments, I was cruising in the next landing area. The guide slowed me down using a rope that caught the cable. I stepped down from the small ladder that had been placed so my cable could be detached. I had flown through the air for about 20 seconds and traveled over one half mile and I was alive. Then, after every member of our group landed, I stepped forward to travel on the next zip line.

Nathan Terry

3 comments:

  1. Wow, Nathan! Zip lining sounds truly awesome. You are one up on me - I've never been on zip line. I am thrilled for you! You all sound like this has been a fantastic trip so far. I am so looking forward to hearing all about your experiences on Friday. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you kids had a super time zip lining! I hope you got some pictures to show when you get home!
    Mr. Williams

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nathan,

    Wow, you are very BRAVE! We loved your description of ziplining...you made us feel as if we were there! Great to hear that you are all having a blast. Can't wait for the pics and stories. See you on Friday...

    The Halleys

    ReplyDelete