Monday, April 18, 2011

Jack's post about service project. We are the new Oprahs :)

Today is day five in Costa Rica. Yesterday was, in my opinion the best day yet. We went to the el Tanque school. We helped so many young boys and girls. The greatest part was we all became great friends just mostly through body language because they were talking so fast we would just pretend to laugh or nod our  heads. We are so fortunate to have as much as we do. They were all so open and happy even though they have so much less. We played soccer, painted classrooms, played off the wall and so much more. They were all so open to making new friends I will never forget those kids and hopefully they wont forget us. I wish I could see them again someday and I know my classmates agree.

Having fun Mom and Dad cant wait to see you. 

Adios,
Jack

1 comment:

  1. Jack, love this post. We are so happy you are enjoying Costa Rica – learning about the culture, trying different food and making new friends. As much as we miss you and want to see and hear all about it, I wish it could go on longer. Reading your classmates' stories has been great – I can picture all of you at Club Troy and Connor’s Jersey Shore reference cracked us up. Can’t wait to hear about zip lining! Love ya, Mom. BTW – Natalie said “what, he doesn’t miss me, Brian, and Lucy?!” lol

    ReplyDelete