Thursday, April 23, 2009

Pura Vida

It is an amazing trip for me, at the biggining because everybody just met on the firts two days, I felt so shy, but them when I had the opportunity to have a close contact with the kids and the teachers, and I knew this was going to be a wonderful and unforgetable experience in my life. Is so impressive how a simple football soccer game, united all the group as a great and unique group of friends, no one was worried about to win, it was just laughs and everybody sweting happiness.
It´s been a great experience, sharing with this friends of Walter Parker middle school, they taugh me that simple things in life, are the most valuable in life.
In our lifes, there are some memories that you keep in your mind, but eventually as the time pass by, days, months, years, they dessapear, however there are special memories that you keep and lock in your heart and it doesn´t matter that years or centuries pass, they will remain forever.
You are one of those special memories and you we´ll be in my heart, thank you so much for the greatest gift you gave to me, FRIENDSHIP, God bless all of you.
Roberto Aguilar Torres.

9 comments:

  1. Roberto, You sound like a great person. I can't imagine anyone staying shy around this group for too long. I am so excited the kids will come home with some wonderful memories and have been able to interact with students there.

    While we have loved following along with you, we are looking forward to your return!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for writing that post Roberto like you said that simple game of soccer brought us all together and we forgot about everything else but having fun and working together. Thank you so much for being our guide and sharing you knowledge with us and showing us the things that you have learned.

    Once again thank you very much for all the fun you had with us.

    Billy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roberto well said, just think if kids ran the world what a great place we would have. To settle our difference in a soccer game and to work together.

    Bobby will see you soon.

    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Roberto, how special it was to read your blog... of course I have tears streaming down my face! We're so fortunate to have teachers who want to help our kids get the most out of their education. We hope you will have an opportunity to visit us here in Reading sometime we'd like to return your generous hospitality!

    Best wishes and thank you again!

    P.S. was that a picture of you in the van?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Roberto,
    Thank you for taking such good care of our kids!
    I know they'll always remember the wonderful experiences you shared together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Roberto,
    Thank you so much for being an outstanding tour guide, and for making the Costa Rica experience more fun, having lots of laughs, and just making great memories with all of us. Pura Vida! I had such a great time playing el futbol with you and just being around you and everyone on the trip. That would be so cool if you could come here too! Say hi to Olamar for me and thanks again!!!!!

    Your Friend,
    Jack

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Roberto!

    I want to thank you so much for everything that you gave to us in friendship on our trip. I was hoping that our kids would have a great experience; because of their friendship with you, they are blessed with memories of a lifetime. I will be forever grateful for that gift.

    Best,

    Norah

    PS: Please send me an email to me at norah.connolly@gmail.com soon. The email I sent to your inbox today has come back as undeliverable. I want to make sure that we stay in touch as we plan our April 2010 trip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Roberto!

    Pura Vida! I just wanted to say thank you for making the trip to Costa Rica so amazing! I had a wonderful time and will never forget the great memories that all of us share. I think that everyone on the trip definitely came together and will always be friends. Playing soccer with you was really fun, you're SOOOO GOOD!!!!!! I miss you guys and Costa Rica so much! I agree that it would be so fun if you came here.

    Thanks again!!

    Best Wishes,

    Carolyn Nigro

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way to put it in words Carolyn. Nothiung like a nice friendly soccor game to bring a group together. I miss all of you there and hope to come back soon. Thank you for teaching us all you know about your beautiful country and having fun with us. It made our trip fantastico!!! PURA VIDA!
    -Meghan Bowe

    ReplyDelete