Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Rainforest Adventure

We had to get up really early yesterday, at about 5 o’clock. We spent the morning in the gardens of the rainforest lodge, but it was a real blast when we finally got out into the real rainforest. We took a long hike where we got to see incredibly dense green forests, but the highlight of the hike was the bridge.

It started raining the moment we reached a long, green bridge that cut through the forest. The rickety bridge seemed to go on forever and was 75 feet up. Twice, we emerged from the forest and were over large, flowing rivers. It was pretty nerve-racking, but an amazing experience.

Ray

3 comments:

  1. This sounds realy amazing, I'd love to be able to see the bridge, I don't think I'd be able to cross it though--75 feet above the ground?! The sights must of been breathtaking, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ray and everyone:
    What an amazing time you must have had on that bridge and 75 feet off the ground... I think for that experience I would have just had to face my fear of hights and "go for it". I could tell by your writing that you're having an amazing time!

    Thanks for sharing.

    Megsie's Mom (Susan)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Ray, Sounds fantastic, did you take any pictures? Did the height of the bridge freak you out? Love, Mom
    Dear Ray,hope you're having a fun time. Is the rickety bridge like the one in shrek? See any snakes? Love,Carl

    Dear Ray, sounds cool. Love John Walker Gillies I

    ReplyDelete