Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Rafting, Dancing and Cooking, Oh My!

Yesterday we all went on a cultural night where we learned how to dance the Salsa and the Marengue. We also learned how to cook special dough-like balls that were full of cheese and drowned in grease from the deep fryer. Mr. Musselman and Ray found out the greasy part the messy way!

Another activity that we participated in yesterday was white-water rafting. There were 5 groups, each on different boats with 4 kids, 1 teacher and 1 rafting instructor. We got to experience the Sarapiqui River up close and the rapids within them. The earthquake that happened a few months ago, however, and the normally bluish water had turned a sediment brownish color. Also, many trees and boulders were pushed down into the river and riverbank as a result of the quake, and the water level was affected as well. But that did not take away from the fun experience as we paddled through the rapids. Everyone had fun and lots of great memories were made on the river.

Jack

(More rafting images to come on Flickr soon!)



4 comments:

  1. I remember the quake, I'm glad you were able to enjoy the white-water rafting experience. The pictures are awesome!! I can see you Monica! :-)
    I feel like you're not so far far away. Thank you again for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Eco Club
    Hope you all are having a great time! Meghan I will be expecting dance lessons when you get back so you better practice. Posiedon decided to pinch me on Monday when I was playing with him and he broke the skin! After that, Mom, Sarah Bond, and I all went for a bike ride around Lake Quarnapowit (might not be the spelling but you get the point) and my legs felt like rubber. I have been growing so I am coming closer to catching you. (Mr. Williams this is not an excuse to say that I am short) Asta la-bye bye, Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like your having a great time. The white water rafting looks like a lot of fun. Thanks for the great pictures and posts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures...keep them coming! Geena, it looks like you're having a blast. Was rafting fun or what?! Can't wait to hear how you handled the hanging bridge...scary? Dad says Adam was awesome last night on Idol...we'll see what 2 get voted off tonight. Mom Mom & Pop and Tia have been following your trip. xo

    ReplyDelete